Our firm provides consideration of the unique issues relating to closely held and family business interests in terms of ownership transition, regulation, realization and preservation of value. We believe that it is vital to understand and address the full range of needs and goals of the closely held and family-owned companies we represent. Our firm has over five decades of trust and estate, business and real estate, and litigation experience, and has the skill and discretion to handle even the most sensitive and complex matters. We have earned the confidence of many generations of clients. We are often called upon to be innovators; to design creative legal solutions to some of life’s most difficult challenges.
Some of the services we provide to closely held and family-owned businesses include:
- Forming business entities such as C corporations, S corporations, general partnerships, or limited liability companies, as the needs of the business and its owners dictate
- Assisting in acquisition of real estate and lease of property, including sale-leasebacks with owners
- Assisting in locating and negotiating loans from traditional and non traditional sources
- Analyzing and structuring transactions in order to minimize federal and state income, excise and transfer taxes
- Providing practical advice and representation in all employment-related matters, including preparation of handbooks and employment applications and providing advice about the hiring and termination of employees
- Offering creative solutions to resolve disputes, short of litigation, including arbitration and mediation.
- Litigation services when other solutions fail.
- Structuring executive compensation using techniques that reward key employees and building loyalty to owners
- Coordinating business planning with owners' estate planning
- Business Valuation
- Complex Estate Planning